Building UP your community!

Building UP your community!
Building UP your Community

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Senior Community Build....

Building Habitats for Our Community!

"Bird house painting"




This afternoon, my mom and I had a great time at the Senior Community Center painting bird houses.  This past summer we had children in the community, build over 30 bird houses.  I thought it would be a great opportunity for the seniors to have an experience building up their community as well.  I had the seniors paint the bird houses donated by Habitat for Humanity Re-Store in Owatonna.  We had a great time decorating and designing the homes.  The bird houses will be donated to the Parks in town and also to Habitat home owners in Steele-Waseca County.  I was happy to involve both the youth and seniors in this community build and can't wait to see the bird houses in our parks around town.

Thanks to the Senior Center for this opportunity!



No comments:

Post a Comment