Building UP your community!

Building UP your community!
Building UP your Community

Saturday, July 30, 2011

This has been an amazing experience....

God has blessed me with an amazing opportunity, this past year has been such an adventure, a journey that I will cherish and hold in my heart for a life time. I have experienced and created many friendships and have made an endless list of memories.


My first adventure began in Texas, student teaching, celebrating events with local royalty, experiencing rodeos and building with Habitat for Humanity in Houston.

The Holidays were filled with many memories and in December I graduated from College. As a Teacher, I have shared my platform with many school districts, classrooms and libraries. Thanks to all the schools across Minnesota for the opportunity to teach their students about becoming community builders and thanks to the students, teachers and staff for your welcoming into your classroom.

I have been very blessed to have worked with many Habitat Chapters across the entire state and want to personally thank Karin and Pat for inviting me to all their local events.

This adventure would not have been as exciting without my friends. Thanks to Tabitha, Kacy and Shanda for being beautiful, loving pageant sister and to all my good friends back home.

I want to personally congratulate all the contestants this year for working so hard and remember to be ambitious in everything you do and make the most of this time to educate and inspire others around you.

I have gained many new friendships and give thanks to all my fellow pageant sisters during Miss Minnesota week and to Katherine for being such an inspiration for us all.

Throughout this whole journey, I have been very blessed to have such an outstanding support team. To my loving family, Mom thanks for all your hard work, Dad for all the love and inspiration with guitar, Lynn, for all your positive words of inspiration to my brothers and sisters for being such a wonderful help at all my events. Grandpa, your smile always lights up the room and makes me smile and Grandma for being my number one fan, I love you. James, I am so thankful for all your love and encouragement, you deserve to become Mr. America for all you have done.

Finally, Thanks to my outstanding committee, Pam, Pat, Chris, Cheryl, Tayna, Jean and Dawn for the endless encouragement and love. A special thanks to Sonia and Leroy, if it weren’t for Leroy, I would probly be stuck in the snow bank still from last winter and a big thanks to Sonia for all her wonderful hospitality, I know I will always have a place to stay when I come visit Morris.

The Morris community has been an outstanding support system and would like to give a big thanks to all the business and community members that make this opportunity possible.

I have learned that in order fulfill your lifelong dreams, you need to remember to have faith in all things because God’s plan is the best of all, as Psalms 37 says “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will bring you the desires of your heart.”



I was very honored to be your Miss Midwest 2010,
Thanks again and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment