Building UP your community!

Building UP your community!
Building UP your Community

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Habitat for Humanity Build in Texas...

This last weekend, I built at a local Habitat site in the Baytown area, about 20 min away from Houston. There were two homes being built at the site and they were in the first stages of development.  One of my good friends and I worked from 8am to 1pm, laying grass and building the frames for the homes.  It was about 90 degrees that day.. but it was worth it, being soaked in sweat! We met many local people from the area and they were so thankful we came out to help. 

I have been working with Habitat for Humanity for the last 4 years and I was so happy to give a hand to the Habitat for Humanity chapters in Texas.. I look forward to more upcoming builds and can't wait to meet more people from the communities.

Thanks Baytown Habitat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment