Building UP your community!

Building UP your community!
Building UP your Community

Friday, February 18, 2011

Children's Community Build- Owatonna

How can YOU become a community BUILDER?

"Create opportunities for others to explore"

"Volunteer in your community"

"Donate time and items to people in need"

"Share your stories with others" 

"Become a role model"

"Enjoy time with family and friends"

"Become someone who can inspire others"

"Help build up your community with Habitat for Humanity"





Yesterday, I had a wonderful time doing a community build in Owatonna, MN at the local library.  It was extra special because Owatonna is my home town and I had so much fun sharing this community build with my family and friends.  After promoting the community build around the area the last month, we had about 35 people attend the children's build.  I was so happy to see everyone come out and join me in building up our own community.  Everyone seem to have lots of fun and the children really enjoyed playing with the homes they built on the felt carpet I created for the community builds.  I am so happy I had the opportunity to share Habitat for Humanity and the build with my own community! 

Thanks to Owatonna Library for being such a wonderful help!



No comments:

Post a Comment