Building UP your community!

Building UP your community!
Building UP your Community

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Volunteer Celebration in Owatonna!



~ Habitat for Humanity ~


Last Sunday, Habitat for Humanity and I celebrated our community involvement at Good Shepard Church in Owatonna.  We had lots of fun reaching out to the community and creating awareness for Habitat.  I was happy to reach out to multiple teachers and classrooms about my Community Challenge.  Many seemed very interested and I hope to start establishing my community curriculum with local schools and classrooms within the Minnesota area.  "Raising the Roof, Building up our community in the classroom", gives students the opportunity and responsibility of being a community member.  While working with Habitat for Humanity, I have seen the impact that one house can make on a whole neighborhood.  Being involved in our community is an important element in our students education today. 

If your interested in the Community Challenge for your school.. email- missmidwest2010@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment